Pan Fried Tilapia with Orange Sauce
I find tilapia to be such a versatile fish. I use it in tacos, oven fried, pan fried, or almost any other way you care to fix it. Even grilling it with a basket works great. Here’s a recipe that’s really simple. Serve it with some brown rice and a nice green vegetable!
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp dried marjoram or Italian seasoning
- 1 orange
- Pat dry the tilapia fillets with a paper towel.
- Put the flour, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a shallow bowl and mix together.
- Dredge the fillets, one a time, shaking to remove excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fillets to skillet and fry until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes). Turn the fish over, sprinkle with marjoram and finish browning.
- Remove fish from the skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet out and return to low heat.
- Cut the orange in half. Squeeze half of the orange into the skillet and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Slice the other half of orange for garnish.
- Plate the fish and drizzle orange pan juices over the top.